Think you’ve got your wedding budget all figured out? Hidden wedding costs like decor rentals, wedding dress alterations and even cake cutting can quickly send your budget soaring. Here are a few hidden wedding costs to be mindful of when planning your big day.
1. Alterations: A simple hem can be less than $100, but moving zippers or fixing beading can cost $500+.
2. Postage: Wedding envelopes weigh more than regular letters – many can cost up to $2 each to mail. While not a huge expense, many couples are not expecting a $300 postage bill when choosing a large design.
3. Extra Hours: Some of your vendors can charge more if go over the designated time.
4. Taxes and Tips: These things can run up to 20% on top of costs – a huge difference.
5. Flowers: Choosing out of season flowers (like roses most of the year) can increase a wedding budget significantly because the flowers will need to be imported.
6. Set Up Fees: Things like décor, sound equipment, floral arrangements and rentals may require set up and delivery which, depending on agreements with each vendor, can add additional costs.
7. Clean up: Some venues include cleanup costs, but others do not. Be sure to check with your venue to see if cleanup is included or not.